Part one: Identify different historical definitions of and explanations for mental illnesses
Part two: Apply social stress theory to mental disorders
Part three: Analyze the interactional contexts in which the mentally ill are identified and treated
Part one: Identify different historical definitions of, and causal explanations for, fat bodies and eating disorders
Part two: Apply and evaluate self-control theory’s explanation of the causes of obesity
Part three: Analyze the interactional contexts and experiences in which weight-related deviance occurs
The posts will be graded according to the following criteria:
- Relevance: the ideas expressed indicate that the student has read and comprehended the assigned material.
- Clarity, coherence: the ideas are stated clearly and coherently.
- Critical thinking: there is evidence that the student has adequately analyzed, synthesized, and evaluated the assigned material.
- Poses a question for discussion: the posting articulates a question for discussion that pertains to the assigned material.
- Spelling, grammar: the posting must meet university-level standards of spelling and grammar.
- Length: each submission must be no less than 250 words in length; there is no maximum length. The word count must be listed at the end of each post.