HW280 Mapping the Mind-Body Divide
In this Assignment, you will examine mind and body together by creating a presentation that describes an integrative approach to health assessment and wellness planning using yourself as a case study. This presentation should be presentable to peers in your own field of study. The presentation should be created using PowerPoint® (or similar presentation program).
The Assignment should follow the conventions of Standard English (correct grammar, punctuation, etc.). The work should be well ordered, logical and unified, as well as original and insightful.
Your presentation should consist of 10 to 12 slides. Slides should be organized using short descriptions or bullet points with the main ideas. Full descriptions of what would be said during the presentation of each slide should be included in the ‘notes’ section of the corresponding slide. The written items in the notes section should follow the conventions of Standard English (correct grammar, punctuation, etc.).
Address the following items in the presentation:
- Include a title slide with the name of your presentation and your name.
- Introduce the field of integrative medicine and explain why this approach is considered to be holistic.
- Explain why a holistic approach to health is necessary based on research evidence for mind-body connections, as described in your course materials and other credible sources.
- Propose a detailed method to assess your own health and wellness from a holistic perspective that includes psychological wellness, physical fitness, CAM modalities, and stress management.
- Develop a holistic wellness plan that includes specific activities to develop, improve, or maintain your psychological health, physical fitness, stress management, and resilience.
- Discuss at least two peer-reviewed research articles that support the scientific validity of your wellness plan.
- Conclude by reflecting on how your understanding of health and wellness changed as a result of this course.
- Include a reference slide(s) following APA formatting.
For APA guidelines, refer to the following sections in the Writing Resources:
- An Introduction to APA Citation
- Sample APA Citations
- APA Manuscript Style
- Use APA format for style, in-text citations, and complete references.
- The presentation should be prepared in PowerPoint (or similar presentation program).
- Additional written detail is needed in the notes section of slides.
- The presentation should consist of at least 10 to 12 slides, with notes. Do not include the reference and title slides in the required slide count.
Submitting Your Work
Put your responses in a Microsoft PowerPoint® (or similar presentation program). Save it in a location and with the proper naming convention: username-Course Name-section-Unit x_FinalProject.ppt (section is your course section, x is your unit number). When you are ready, go to the unit Dropbox to submit.