Physics – Case study
- A 0.01 kg bullet is launched with a muzzle velocity of 850 m/s. It is fired from a 308 Winchester with a mass of 3.2 kg. What is the recoil velocity of the weapon?
- A 0.01 kg object is 200 meters above the ground. What is its potential energy?
- An athlete in training can run up a flight of stairs in 10 seconds. If he weighs 800 N and climbs a total height of 4.0 m, how much power does this require?
- A ball is thrown straight up with an initial speed of 17.0 m/s. How high will the ball travel above the point where it leaves the thrower’s hand when it stops moving up? Ignore air resistance.
- Calculate the heat energy (in calories) required to make a pot of coffee containing 750 g of water that warms from 23°C to 99°C. The specific heat capacity for water is 1 cal/(g⋅°C)